What is web ?
Why is this Web required ?
How do we use Web ?
- Each and every resource present on the Web, which we also call as Web-pages, is given an unique and identifiable address called as URL( Uniform Resource Locator).
- In-order to visit these web-pages, we need Web Browsers (e.g. google chrome, Internet explorer, mozilla-firefox, Opera, Safari ), where we write URL of the required web-page which we want to visit in the address bar of the Web Browser.
- Internet connection is required to carry this request(request for web-page) to the Web and bring response( Web-pages ) from the Web back to user.
|Web-page request and response|
Web- History and Evolution
|Tim Berners Lee with his world's first web server(NEXT)|
|World's first Web Server (NEXT)|
- In the same year i.e. 1990, he also wrote world's first web browser.
- In the year 1991, the WWW ( World Wide Web ) was made available to public.
- In the year 1993, the CERN announced WWW ( World Wide Web ) free to all without any kind fees. This year was the beginning of the era of Web 1.0
- The year 2003, with considerable modifications Web 2.0 launched.