What is a database ?
- Banks have to store a huge amount data about its customers and their accounts. So, the data about their Customers is an example of database.
- Airlines ticketing services has store data about its passengers and their bookings. So that data about passengers is an example of database.
- All the email-id providers have to store huge amount of data of their users.So the data of those users forms the database.
- Universities have to store information about their students and their corresponding courses etc. So, all the info related to the students forms the database.
- All the countries keeps the record of its citizens, which also forms the perfect example of database.
What is a Database Management System ?
Database Management System is a set of programs ( i.e. a software ), which helps the user to store and manage data in a very organized way as per the requirements.
- Reading operation
- Insertion operation (i.e. inserting values into the tables)
- Modification operation (i.e. changing values or table structures at some later point of time)